FloatPac terms & conditions
In these terms and conditions and in any contract to which these conditions apply, unless inconsistent with the context:
- “The Act” means the Competition & Consumer Act 2010;
- “Claim” means any claim, demand, action or proceeding;
- “Collateral” has the meaning given under the PPSA and in particular for the purposes of this Contract, the personal property that is not used predominately for personal, domestic or household purposes as identified in clause 6 hereof to which the Security Interest has attached;
- “Contract” means the contract between FloatPac Pty Ltd and the Purchaser for or in relation to the sale and purchase of goods;
- “Goods” means any item of whatsoever nature which is sold or to be sold by FloatPac Pty Ltd to the Purchaser;
- “PPSA” means the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 as amended;
- “PPS Register” means the personal property securities registered established under section 146 of the PPSA;
- “Prescribed Terms” means any terms, conditions, guarantees and warranties which the Act and any other law expressly provides may not in respect of the Contract be excluded, restricted or modified, or may be excluded, restricted or modified only to a limited extent;
- “Purchaser” means the person or corporation who buys or has agreed to buy the goods from FloatPac Pty Ltd;
- “FloatPac Pty Ltd” means FloatPac Pty Ltd (ABN 19 078 808 018) or such other company related to FloatPac Pty Ltd which accepts the Purchaser’s order by the issue of a Sales Confirmation;
- “Sales Confirmation” means the document so titled issued by FloatPac Pty Ltd that formally accepts the order for goods from the Purchaser;
- “Security Interest” has the meaning given under the PPSA;
- “Standard Specifications” means FloatPac Pty Ltd’s standard specification for the goods current at the time the goods are delivered to the Purchaser. Copies of the Standard Specifications are available on request from FloatPac Pty Ltd ;
- Words importing the singular number shall be deemed to include the plural and vice versa. Words importing the male gender shall be deemed to include the female and neuter gender and vice versa; and
- The headings in these terms and conditions are provided for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation thereof.
- Subject to any Prescribed Terms, this document together with the relevant Sales Confirmation embodies the sole terms and conditions of the Contract between FloatPac Pty Ltd and the Purchaser and supersedes all other conditions and agreements between the parties, unless expressly amended in writing by FloatPac Pty Ltd.
- These terms and conditions shall without further notice apply to all future transactions between FloatPac Pty Ltd and the Purchaser in relation to the sale and purchase of goods, whether or not this document is delivered or executed in the course of the transaction.
- For the avoidance of doubt, none of the terms and conditions contained in any document or other instrument supplied by or on behalf of the Purchaser (including without limiting the foregoing those included in any purchase order or like document from the Purchaser) shall apply to or form part of the Contract, except and to the extent otherwise agreed in writing by FloatPac Pty Ltd.
- All purchase orders supplied by the Purchaser are subject to acceptance by FloatPac Pty Ltd and no Contract between FloatPac Pty Ltd and the Purchaser comes into existence until FloatPac Pty Ltd issues a Sales Confirmation in relation to the order.
- No variation or abrogation of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is evidenced in writing signed on behalf of FloatPac Pty Ltd.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing payment shall be made in advance of the goods being produced or sent by FloatPac Pty Ltd.
- Time for payment of the price of the goods shall be of the essence of the Contract and if the Purchaser fails to pay the price when due FloatPac Pty Ltd may treat the Contract as repudiated by the Purchaser or may, unless payment in full is made, suspend delivery of the goods the subject of the Contract and any goods the subject of any other Contract with the Purchaser without incurring any liability whatsoever to the Purchaser in respect thereof. In addition, without prejudice to such rights of FloatPac Pty Ltd , the Purchaser shall (if so required by FloatPac Pty Ltd ) pay interest to FloatPac Pty Ltd on the outstanding amount of the price at the rate of 18% per annum until the price is paid in full.
- Notwithstanding any rights of lien to which FloatPac Pty Ltd may otherwise be entitled, FloatPac Pty Ltd shall have a specific lien (including a right of sale) over the goods the subject of the Contract and any goods the subject of any other contract with the Purchaser until the price of the goods has been paid in full. The Purchaser shall not be entitled to make any deduction from the price of the goods in respect of any off-set or counter claims.
- Any time or date named and accepted by FloatPac Pty Ltd for completion, delivery, despatch, shipment or arrival of the goods or for tender of any documents is an estimate only and does not constitute a condition of the Contract or part of the description of the goods and is not of the essence of the Contract.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing FloatPac Pty Ltd may make partial deliveries or deliveries by instalments in any amount it may determine and each such partial delivery or delivery by instalments shall be deemed to be a separate Contract and these conditions shall apply to each partial delivery or delivery by instalments.
- The FloatPac Pty Ltd may deliver up to 5% more or less of the amount specified for delivery, subject only to an appropriate adjustment to the price payable, in full satisfaction of FloatPac Pty Ltd ‘s obligations pursuant to the Contract.
- The Purchaser shall notify FloatPac Pty Ltd within 7 days of delivery of any short fall in or loss or damage to goods delivered. Failure to so notify shall, subject to the requirements of any Prescribed Terms, disentitle the Purchaser to any remedy in respect to the shortage, loss or damage.
Risk and Title
- Except as otherwise provided herein, the goods supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd to the Purchaser shall be at the Purchaser’s sole risk immediately on their delivery to the Purchaser.
- Property and title in the goods supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd to the Purchaser will not pass to the Purchaser until such time as the goods the subject of the Contract and all other goods supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd to the Purchaser have been paid for in full, or (otherwise agreed to in writing between FloatPac Pty Ltd and the Purchaser). Until that time, the Purchaser shall store the goods, including goods into which the supplied goods have been mixed, in such a manner as to show clearly that they are the property of FloatPac Pty Ltd and shall upon FloatPac Pty Ltd’s demand deliver up such goods to FloatPac Pty Ltd. In default of such delivery FloatPac Pty Ltd may by its servants and agents enter the Purchaser’s premises at any time without notice to repossess the goods.
- Subject to the PPSA, until such time as the goods have been paid for in full the Purchaser is at liberty to sell the goods, including goods into which FloatPac Pty Ltd’s goods have been mixed, in the ordinary course of its business, and the Purchaser shall hold the proceeds thereof in trust for FloatPac Pty Ltd and promptly account to FloatPac Pty Ltd for those proceeds in payment of the purchase price for the goods.
- The Purchaser and FloatPac Pty Ltd agree that the provisions of this clause apply notwithstanding any agreement between the parties under which FloatPac Pty Ltd grants the Purchaser credit.
Personal Property Securities Act 2009
- The terms “Collateral”, “Debtor”, “Financing Change Statement”, “Financing Statement”, “Grantor”, “Proceeds”, “Secured Party”, “Security Agreement” and “Security Interest” have the meanings given in the PPSA.
- The Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that by accepting these terms and conditions which form part of the Contract and constitute a Security Agreement that covers the Collateral for the purposes of the PPSA:
- FloatPac Pty Ltd holds (as Secured Party) a Security Interest over all of the present and after acquired goods supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd to the Purchaser and any Proceeds of the sale of those goods (“Collateral”);
- that any purchase by the Purchaser on credit terms from FloatPac Pty Ltd or retention of title supply pursuant to clause 5 hereof will constitute a purchase money security interest as defined under section 14 of the PPSA (“PMSI”);
- the PMSI granted herein will continue to apply to any goods coming into existence or proceeds of sale of goods coming into existence;
- FloatPac Pty Ltd will continue to hold a Security Interest in the goods in accordance with and subject to the PPSA, notwithstanding that the goods may be processed, commingled or become an accession with other goods.
- any FloatPac Pty Ltd Security Interest will be a continuing and subsisting interest in the Collateral with priority to the fullest extent permitted by law over all over registered or unregistered Security Interest;
- until title in the goods pass to the Purchaser, it will keep all goods supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd free and ensure all such goods are kept free of any charge, lien or Security Interest and not otherwise deal with the goods in a way that will or may prejudice any rights of FloatPac Pty Ltd under the Contract or the PPSA; and
- in addition to any other rights under these terms and conditions or otherwise arising, FloatPac Pty Ltd may exercise any and all remedies afforded to it as a Secured Party under Chapter 4 of the PPSA including, without limitation, entry into any building or premises owned, occupied or used by the Buyer, to search for and seize, dispose of or retain those goods in respect to which the Purchaser has granted a Security Interest to FloatPac Pty Ltd.
- The Purchaser undertakes to:
- sign any further documents and provide such information which FloatPac Pty Ltd may reasonably require to register, amend or update a Financing Statement or Financing Change Statement in relation to a Security Interest on the PPS Register;
- indemnify and upon demand reimburse FloatPac Pty Ltd for all expenses incurred in registering a Financing Statement or Financing Change Statement on the PPS Register or releasing any Security Interests;
- not register or permit to be registered a Financing Change Statement in the Collateral without the prior written consent of FloatPac Pty Ltd ; and
- provide FloatPac Pty Ltd not less than 7 days prior written notice of any proposed change in the Purchaser’s name, address, contact numbers, business practice or such other change in the Purchaser’s details registered on the PPS Register to enable FloatPac Pty Ltd to register a Financing Change Statement if required.
- FloatPac Pty Ltd and the Purchaser agree that sections 96, 125 and 132(3)(d) and 132(4) of the PPSA do not apply to the Security Agreement created under this Contract. The Purchaser hereby waives its rights to received notices under sections 95, 118, 121(4), 130, 132(3)(d) and132(4) of the PPSA.
- The Purchaser waives its rights as a Grantor and/or a Debtor under sections 142 and 143 of the PPSA.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by FloatPac Pty Ltd , the Purchaser waives its right to receive a verification statement in accordance with section 157 of the PPSA.
- The Purchaser shall unconditionally ratify any actions taken by FloatPac Pty Ltd under this clause 6.
- This clause 6 will survive the termination of the Contract to the extent permitted by law.
Warranties and Exclusions of Liability
- FloatPac Pty Ltd warrants that the goods when delivered to the Purchaser will comply with any description for the goods contained in the relevant Sales Confirmation (if any) and with the Standard Specification for the goods. FloatPac Pty Ltd is not required to supply goods with any specification or characteristics that are outside any such description for the goods (if any) or the Standard Specifications.
- The Purchaser acknowledges, agrees, represents and warrants that:
- as the use of the goods is outside the control of FloatPac Pty Ltd , the Purchaser is satisfied that the goods when supplied in accordance with clause 7(a) will have the condition, characteristics, quality and attributes that will make them suitable or fit for any ordinary or special purpose required for those goods, even if that purpose is made known to FloatPac Pty Ltd at any time;
- the Purchaser has or will in a timely manner conduct all mandatory or prudent tests and apply all mandatory or prudent quality control checks and procedures to ensure the goods and any product that is produced from them will be without defect and suitable or fit for any purpose required for them; and
- the Purchaser has not relied upon any statement, representation, warranty, guarantee, condition, advice, recommendation, information, assistance or service provided or given by FloatPac Pty Ltd or anyone on its behalf in respect of the goods, other than those that are expressly contained in the Contract.
- The Purchaser releases and indemnifies FloatPac Pty Ltd and its officers, employees, consultants and agents from and against all actions, claims, proceedings and demands (including those brought by third parties) which may be brought against it or them, whether on their own or jointly with the Purchaser and whether at common law, under tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise, in respect of any loss, death, injury, illness, cost or damage arising out of any breach by the Purchaser of any warranty provided by it under paragraph b) of this clause.
- Except as expressly set out in the Contract and except for liability under any Prescribed Terms, to the full extent permitted by law:
- all conditions, warranties, guarantees, terms and obligations expressed or implied by law or otherwise relating to the Contract or the performance of FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s obligations under the Contract or to any goods or services supplied or to be supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd under the Contract are excluded, except for those conditions and warranties as to title in the goods; and
- without limiting the generality of the foregoing, FloatPac Pty Ltd gives no condition, warranty or guarantee whatsoever as to the suitability, performance or fitness of the goods for their ordinary or any special use or purpose, and the description of the goods in any Contract or any other document shall not import any such condition, warranty or guarantee on the part of FloatPac Pty Ltd.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein contained but subject to the provisions of any Prescribed Terms, FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s liability in respect of any Claim arising in any way out of the Contract or its performance or from any failure to perform the Contract including (without limiting the generality of the foregoing) for breach of any condition, warranty or guarantee contained in the Contract or in any Prescribed Term implied into or applying to the Contract and whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, is limited as follows:
- if any guarantee under the Act is applicable to any good or service supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd and FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s liability is due to a failure to comply with the guarantee and such failure cannot be remedied or is a major failure as defined in the Act (each such failure hereafter referred to as a Relevant Failure), FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s liability is as stated in the Act in respect of that Relevant Failure;
- if the liability is due to a failure to comply with any condition, warranty or guarantee in respect of any good or service supplied by FloatPac Pty Ltd under the Contract and such failure is not a Relevant Failure, FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s liability is limited as follows in respect of such failure:
- if the failure is in respect of goods, FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s liability is limited to replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired, as determined by FloatPac Pty Ltd in its sole discretion; and
- if the failure is in respect of services, FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s liability is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again, as determined by FloatPac Pty Ltd ’s in its sole discretion;
- in respect of all other liability (if any), FloatPac Pty Ltd’s liability is limited in the aggregate to the amount of $10,000.
- To the extent permitted by law, FloatPac Pty Ltd will have no liability to the Purchaser, however arising and under any cause of action or theory of liability, in respect of special, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profit (whether direct or indirect) or loss of business opportunity arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its performance.
Return of Goods
Goods supplied to the Purchaser are not returnable except as provided in clause 7 above.
If the goods are in accordance with clause 7(a) and all Prescribed Terms and are otherwise in compliance with the provisions of the Contract, FloatPac Pty Ltd may from time to time under exceptional circumstances choose to accept the return of the goods from the Purchaser. A cancellation fee will apply and the Purchaser will also reimburse FloatPac Pty Ltd for all costs associated with the delivery and return of the goods.
This clause is not applicable to FloatPac’s range of reusable and disposable face masks. All purchases of these products are final and returns/refunds will not be accepted unless it is clear there is manufacturing issues with the product. It is FloatPac’s right to choose to either refund or replace the items if there are manufacturing issues.
The Purchaser shall keep FloatPac Pty Ltd indemnified against all costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities of whatsoever nature, including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, claims of death, personal injury, damage to property and consequential loss (including loss of profit) which may be made against the Purchaser or which the Purchaser may sustain, pay or incur as a result of or in connection with the manufacture, sale, export, import or use of the goods unless such costs, claim, demand, expense or liability shall be directly and solely attributable to any breach of contract or guarantee by, or negligence of, FloatPac Pty Ltd or its duly authorised employee or agent.
Licenses, Duties, etc.
The payment of any taxes and the obtaining and maintenance in full force and effect of any necessary export or import licenses, authorisations or consent in respect of the goods is the sole responsibility of the Purchaser and FloatPac Pty Ltd shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of goods exported or imported without any necessary licenses, authorisations or consent.
Health and Safety
It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that all applicable health and safety regulations are observed and other appropriate steps taken in relation to the storage, handling and the use of the goods and, where information is supplied to the Purchaser on potential hazards relating to the goods, to bring such information to the attention of its employees, agents, sub-contractors, visitors and customers. Without prejudice to the foregoing, it is also the Purchaser’s responsibility to provide safe facilities for the reception of goods into storage.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be payable by the Purchaser on those products that attract GST at the applicable rate.
Industrial Property Right
The Purchaser shall not alter, remove or in any way tamper with any of the trade or other marks or numbers of FloatPac Pty Ltd attached to or placed upon the goods.
Exclusion of competitors
If you are in the business of creating similar documents, goods or services for the purpose of providing them for a fee to users, whether they be business users or domestic users, then you are a competitor of www.floatpac.com expressly excludes and does not permit you to use or access our website, to download any documents or information from its website or obtain any such documents or information through a third party. If you breach this term then www.floatpac.com will hold you fully responsible for any loss that we may sustain and further hold you accountable for all profits that you might make from such unpermitted and improper use. www.floatpac.com reserves the right to exclude and deny any person access to our website, services or information in our sole discretion.
FloatPac Pty Ltd shall not be under any liability whatsoever for the consequences of any failure on its part to perform or delay in performing any obligation under the Contract when due, whilst and to the extent that such failure or delay is due directly or indirectly to any event of force majeure. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, this includes any liability whatsoever for any delay in completion, delivery, despatch, shipment or arrival of the goods or in the tender of any documents or the like. “event of force majeure” includes any acts of God, war, riots, strikes, lock outs, trade disputes, fires, break downs, mechanical failures, interruptions of transport, Government action or any other cause whatsoever, whether or not of a like nature to those specified above, outside the reasonable control of FloatPac Pty Ltd. If there is an event of force majeure, FloatPac Pty Ltd will notify the Purchaser of the event and the likely impact on its performance under the Contract. If the event affect the capacity of FloatPac Pty Ltd to complete its material obligations under the Contract in a timely manner, FloatPac Pty Ltd may by notice to the Purchaser terminate the Contract without any liability whatsoever on its part arising from such termination.
Any notice to be given to the Purchaser shall be deemed to be given upon its being posted or sent by facsimile to the address or facsimile number of the Purchaser set out in the Contract or to the Purchaser’s registered office or to the Purchaser’s last known address.
The Purchaser may not assign or transfer or purport to assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under or in connection with the Contract to any other person or corporation whatsoever.
FloatPac Pty Ltd reserves the right to sub-contract the performance of any Contract or part thereof to any other party or person or corporation it may determine.
Proper Law and Jurisdiction
All Contracts made between FloatPac Pty Ltd and the Purchaser shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. The Purchaser agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Victorian Courts and courts of appeal there from for all purposes of or in connection with such Contracts.
Any expenses, costs or disbursements incurred by FloatPac Pty Ltd in recovering any outstanding monies owing by the Purchaser including debt collection fees and solicitors costs shall be paid by the Purchaser, providing that those fees do not exceed the scale charges as charged by that debt collection agency or solicitor plus any out of pocket expenses.