With Australia’s rainfall becoming more and more erratic and with prolonged drought periods affecting many parts of the country, capturing a free natural resource should be on everyone’s “To Do” list.
On average, each Australian uses about 200 litres of water per day, of which 5-10 litres is drinking and food preparation. The other 190 litres is discretionary and is used for washing (showers, dishes, clothes, toilets) and the garden. Savewater.com.au notes that approximately half the water supplied to urban areas in Australia ends up as waste water! These statistics illustrate why rainwater harvesting is so important.
Rainwater harvesting collects rainwater before it has the chance to head down storm water drains and is usually collected from rooftops in urban areas. Rainwater harvesting (or collecting) is usually done with the help of storage tanks, reservoirs, or our solution Flexitank’s RainPac. Water is stored in these tanks or pillows until needed.
Why use rainwater?
- Using captured rainwater will reduce your water bills.
- Collecting rainwater prepares your household for low rainfall periods meaning you can still water your garden using collected rainwater despite water restrictions in your area.
- Capturing rainwater reduces the load on storm water systems because roof runoff is not flushed into drains.
Advantages of Rainwater Harvesting
- Using rainwater better utilises a natural resource. Drinking water is not easily renewable and it helps in reducing wastage.
- Rainwater is free from many chemicals found in ground water, making it suitable for irrigation and watering gardens. Harvested water is a great idea for property owners in bushfire prone areas who may need an emergency supply of water to combat bush fires.
- Rainwater can be used for several non-drinking functions including flushing toilets, washing clothes, watering the garden, washing cars.
Benefits of installing a RainPac under house rainwater bladder
- RainPac rainwater bladder tank harvesting systems are the perfect solution for rainwater storage.
- Unlike fixed, rigid water tanks, RainPac can be installed in otherwise unused space: under houses, buildings, and decks
- RainPac offer 18 standard sizes to suit a majority of installation requirements throughout Australia. If we don’t have a standard size that suits your requirements, Flexitank will happily provide a made to order solution (at no extra charge!) to ensure you get a perfect fit;
- The RainPac installation system complies with AS3500 plumbing codes and utilises every day, off-the-shelf fittings that will allow any licensed plumber to install it;
- RainPac bladders fit seamlessly with tank to toilet pump systems, meaning you can utilise your rainwater to service toilets and laundries in your home, saving thousands of litres of water every year;
- RainPac rainwater bladders are the preferred flexible bladder solution for homeowners, exterior designers, architects, landscapers and hydraulic engineers around Australia.
- 100% Australian made by Flexitank, RainPac is manufactured using the highest quality fabric and fittings, offering the peace of mind of a successful, elegant product offering.
- RainPac saves you money, giving you the satisfaction of knowing you have a superior quality product that is backed by our rich 35 years of manufacturing history, and with our 10 year product warranty, providing you many years of hassle free, smooth service.
RainPac under house rainwater bladder tanks have now been on the market for close over 11 years, delivered with an exceptional level of engineering and manufacturing success, as highlighted by our recent site visit to a recently purchased home with RainPac bladders installed.
RainPac – because it never rains forever.
Until next time,
Gavin @ FloatPac
About Flexitank Australia:
Flexitank Australia is a 100% wholly Australian owned and operated trademarked brand owned by FloatPac Pty Ltd. Flexitank specialise in the design, engineering and sale of a variety of products manufactured from flexible polymer fabric. Since FloatPac’s inception in 1983, it has become Australia’s premier niche supplier of polymer fabric products used in recreational sport and leisure, land and sea based aquaculture, live seafood transport, Oil and petroleum sectors, and water-based races and events.
International Grade. Australian Made.
For more information about Flexitank and its array of Australian Made products, contact: