As the latest coronavirus cluster continues to grow in South Australia, the South Australian Government have released new guidelines around face masks for its general population.
As per the SA health website, wearing facemasks in the community is now advised when physical distancing of 1.5m cannot be observed.
The recent South Australian face mask updates of the Directions relating to masks include mandatory mask use for employees at nail salons, tattoo parlours, hairdressers and similar businesses. Facemask use is also mandatory in aged care facilities where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
SA health advice on who needs to wear a facemask is as follows:
- At nail salons, tattoo parlours, hairdressers and similar businesses, masks are mandatory for service providers, and encouraged for clients (in effect as of Tuesday, 17 November).
- Masks are mandatory in aged care facilities where physical distancing cannot be maintained (in effect as of Tuesday, 17 November).
- It is mandatory for certain categories of essential travellers from Victoria to wear a mask at all times when in public.
- People who are in self-quarantine or self-isolation who need to leave their home to seek urgent medical care, seek urgent medical supplies or get tested for COVID-19 must wear a mask when in public.
- People who have been advised by their GP or health professional to wear a mask.
- People working in hospital and non-hospital based care roles who are required to wear PPE as part of their roles.
- Domestic travelers flying to and from South Australia are strongly encouraged to wear a mask for the entire duration of their flight.
MaskPac has a complete range of reusable and disposable facemasks to help every South Australian ensure they are meeting SA health guidelines, and to keep themselves protected from Covid19:
- Australian made facemasks help support the Australian economy, giving people jobs, and helping us in what is the worst economic crisis almost all of us will ever experience in our lives;
- The outer layer of MaskPac fitted face masks includes an antimicrobial treatment that is bluesign approved and Standard 100 by OKEO-TEX, and is also water repellent;
- Our washable and reusable face mask filters give you another layer of protection. This filter will fit both our pleated and fitted face masks. The filter is a 140gsm, needle punched polyethylene medium that has excellent filtration benefits; and,
- EVERY MaskPac face mask is shipped around Australia for FREE!!
Our full range of facemasks can be found at our online store. Every mask is shipped within 24 hours of being received, every facemask is currently buy one, get one free, and we are also donating $1 from every facemask sold in November to Movember!