Oxygen treatment hoods from FloatPac supply oxygen to patients in a soft, hyperbaric chamber environment.
FloatPac has entered the worldwide fight against Covid-19, and other respiratory diseases and illnesses, with the release of Australia’s first locally made oxygen treatment hood.
Designed as a disposable system that removes the need for autoclave cleaning and fitment of replacement parts, FloatPac’s oxygen treatment hood is primarily for non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV) for acute respiratory distress syndromes (ARDS).
The FloatPac system is a single piece oxygen treatment hood manufactured from soft vinyl materials, which allows the patient to recline comfortably during use. As a single-piece unit, there is no risk of leaking if the helmet isn’t fitted properly to the ring, a key feature of our fully welded offering.
FloatPac oxygen treatment hood features:
- 100% Australian Made
- The FloatPac oxygen treatment hood helmets not only both pump oxygen into patients’ lungs, but they also help prevent infected patients from passing on the virus they are suffering from
- 315mm diameter x 300mm height
- Standard design includes
- 2 x 22mm welded ports for standard hose connections from ventilators and respirators
- 1 x welded patient access port for feeding tubes etc
- Raised interior port stem to reduce the backflow of sputum or other fluids.
- Shoulder straps for securing to the patient when inflated
- The base is made from soft vinyl plastic, leading to greater patient comfort than other products available.
- The unique one-piece fully welded design means less chance of any pieces disconnecting during use
- No changeable parts are necessary
- Custom porting options are available
- Designed and sold as a disposable, single-use item
FloatPac oxygen treatment hood standard applications
Why use a Non-Invasive Ventilator?
Covid-19 patients who are experiencing respiratory distress will more than likely require intubation or some ventilation support.
As non-invasive ventilator face masks are not recommended for use with Covid-19 patients, due to the airborne risk associated with the virus, a patient would typically then be intubated.
Outcomes for intubated patients, especially in the US, have resulted in high mortality rates (data from March 2020) – click here for more information on this.
In contrast to these outcomes, in countries like Italy, where non-invasive hood ventilation has been in use for decades as an intermediate step for managing patients, the use of oxygen hoods has shown a 25 to 40% reduction in the need for invasive ventilation. Click here and here for more information on this.
This, in turn, is reducing mortality rates and improving patient outcomes, making the use of an oxygen treatment hood a viable alternative to intubation ventilation techniques to help inpatient comfortability, limit the chances of Covid19 becoming airborne within hospital wards, and also providing Covid19 patients with a higher level of comfortability.
FloatPac oxygen hood key benefits:
- Our technology and machinery afford us the ability for high volume production, with robotic precision, meaning every unit is identical in manufacture
- The inlet and outlet extend up into the oxygen treatment helmet about an inch, meaning that if there is any cooling of condensate or phlegm or other fluids or contaminants inside the helmet, it’s not going to make its way back out of the hood
- As our system utilises no rigid parts, patients using the oxygen treatment hood can recline back and rest their head on a pillow or a bed comfortably, without rigid parts digging into their neck
- All welding is carried out with extremely strong radio frequency and hot-air welding techniques. FloatPac have utilised these welding technologies for close to 40 years, meaning the manufacturing techniques and procedures employed are well tested and proven
- Sample Set-up Diagrams
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers
- Fact Sheet for Patients
- University of Chicago training call for clinicians
Please note that all sales are for investigational use only. FloatPac confirms that it is the customer’s total responsibility to comply with all investigative requirements. The product offer is significantly equivalent to predicated devices. The product has not been cleared or approved by the TGA. FloatPac is now shipping sample orders that are purchased from FloatPac. Contact us for further information.