FloatPac has turned its manufacturing division to the design, manufacture, and supply of high quality, double layer, hygienic, Australian Made face masksFloatPac cotton face masks are washable, resuable, and 100% Australian Made
100% Australian made cotton face masks that are two layers of facial protection. FloatPac face masks are washable, reusable, and available in a range of sizes and various colours.
In response to Covid-19, and the shortage of hygienic face masks many countries now face, FloatPac has turned its manufacturing division to the design, manufacture, and supply of high quality, hygienic, Australian Made face masks.
Given the notion of working together as the world deals with Covid-19, and the two-week, asymptomatic nature of the virus, FloatPac face masks provide the opportunity for facial protection with our breathable, washable face masks.
- Any order of two or more masks received free freight worldwide
- 100% Australian made and designed
- Two-layer cotton build. The outer layer is high quality, durable and tightly woven cotton, providing filtration and breathability. The inner layer is soft cotton, allowing breathing and talking without discomfort.
- Mask pocket available for filter media to be inserted
- Washable and reusable
- Three sizes are available – toddler, child, and adult
- Six colours available – Natural cotton, white, red, pale pink, navy blue and forest green (colours subject to availability). Inner cotton layer colour will vary depending on what is available at the time of manufacture
- Each FloatPac face mask delivery is vacuum-sealed before postage, ensuring maximum protection during transport
Face mask flat rate shipping per order:
- Any order of two or more masks received free freight Australia wide!
- Australian orders: $7.95, shipped with Sendle Couriers or Australia Post, depending on your address specifics
- International orders: $26.00, shipped with Australia Post International Express Post
FloatPac cotton face masks are available in six standard colours and three standard sizes
FloatPac face masks are available for immediate shipping
Why is FloatPac making face masks?
These are not good times. Besides the devastating human impact that we continue to see, the widespread shuttering of the world economy grinding to a halt has caused a significant loss for many businesses and staff alike.
We are by no means immune to this, and we too have felt a profound impact.
All is not lost. At FloatPac, we’re alive, we’re healthy, and whilst many parts of our business are extremely quiet, in response to Covid-19, and the shortage of face masks many countries now face, FloatPac has turned its Melbourne manufacturing division to the design, manufacture, and supply of high quality, washable, reusable Australian Made face masks.
Why wear a face mask?
There are various schools of thought on the ability to cover one’s face to protect the wearer, and the people around them, from the spread of germs and viruses, like Covid-19. Whilst FloatPac face masks are not medical, and we make no claims about the effectiveness of our masks as a medical tool in stopping the spread of germs, the following respected organisations have released information about wearing face masks and face protection:
The WHO states “the use of masks can prevent the spread of infectious droplets from an infected person to someone else and potential contamination of the environment by these droplets. There is additional evidence that wearing a mask by healthy individuals in the households or among contacts of a sick patient, or among attendees of mass gatherings may be beneficial as a preventive measure.” (Click the heading for more information).
The USCDC recently stated “CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.” (Click the heading for more information).
The EU CDC recently stated: “The use of non-medical face masks made of various textiles could be considered, especially if – due to supply problems – medical face masks must be prioritised for use as personal protective equipment by healthcare workers. This is based on limited indirect evidence supporting the use of non-medical face masks as a means of source control. The use of face masks in the community should be considered only as a complementary measure and not as a replacement for established preventive measures, for example, physical distancing, respiratory etiquette, meticulous hand hygiene and avoiding touching the face, nose, eyes and mouth”. (Click the heading for more information).
How to use your FloatPac face mask:
- FloatPac does not sterilise your mask before shipping, so you must wash it in HOT water before wearing
- Our masks are machine washable in HOT water and are reusable. We recommend washing them twice a week.
- Wear your face mask whilst out of the house, or whilst in close contact with other people.
- FloatPac face masks work by filtering out small particles and droplets in the air you breathe, which helps give you a layer of protection against the virus.
- Once you return home, simply wet the mask under running water and microwave on high for 60 seconds to completely kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- Download our care and instruction manual here
Wholesale, government and export enquiries are welcome
The FloatPac team welcome all wholesale, government and export enquiries on our range. We realise the importance of personal protection during these very trying times and are happy to discuss our range at various pricing levels, depending on your enquiry. To further discussions, please contact us asap and we will respond as soon as we can.
FloatPac is scaling its production in response to the level of face mask ordering we have so far seen. Production currently sits at approx 3,000 pieces per week, and we are investigating opportunities to increase this to 30,000 pieces per week to meet demand.
FloatPac face masks are available for immediate shipping
Legal Disclaimer and information:
FloatPac makes it very clear that our face masks DO NOT guarantee 100% protection against viral or bacterial infections. FloatPac face masks are not medical grade face masks and we do not claim that they are. TGA Australia states that non-sterile PPE including masks, gowns and gloves that do not make any therapeutic claims are regulated as general consumer items and do not need to be included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) before they can be supplied.
FloatPac unable to accept returns of FloatPac masks if the packaging has been opened. This is for obvious hygiene and public health reasons.
The colour of your mask will fade with daily washing and disinfecting, and will not diminish the effectiveness of the mask. If you have recently covered your hands in alcohol disinfectant prior to wetting and microwaving your mask, it may cause increased colour fading.