Flexitank Australia design and manufacture heavy duty collapsible water frac pillow tanks for hydraulic fracturing, which reduce tank shipping costs by up to 96%
With the increased interest from the public around the role of fracking, Flexitank collapsible water frac pillow tanks are making this task a little easier on the environment.
Since most frac tank jobs require millions of litres of water (that is typically delivered by trucks making hundreds of trips) the carbon footprint and cost of transportation can be prohibitive. In addition, large, heavy, expensive steel storage tanks are often used which, in turn, can damage the ground they sit on and be as costly to remove as they were to purchase.
Steel tanks can also have a long wait time – from purchase to delivery – depending on the inventory available which can hold up well site exploration and development.
To deliver a solution to this multitude of problems, Flexitank have released a new tool that makes fluid storage simple and cost-effective for hydraulic fracturing.
Flexitank collapsible water frac pillow tank range is a collapsible pillow water tank designed specifically for oil and gas exploration and development. The Flexitank fracturing tank is easy to set-up and can be used immediately with almost no site preparation required. The frac tanks are lightweight, fully collapsible, environmentally-friendly and don’t damage the ground beneath them.
Flexitank offer a standardised collapsible water frac pillow tank size:
- One semi-truck can transport 18 tanks with a combined storage capacity of an astounding 4,500,000 litres (4500m3 | 1,188,774 USG | 28,125 BBLs).
- It would take 57 trucks to transport the same storage capacity in 500 BBL steel tanks or 228 trips on and off site.
- One individual Flexitank Frac Tank can store 250,000 litres (250m3 | 66,043 USG | 1563 BBLs (US). In a day, using a manifold system, multiple tanks can be set-up to provide whatever volume of storage is required. Even better, collapsible water frac pillow tanks can be acquired in half the time it takes to get a steel tank.
Flexitank collapsible water frac pillow tanks offer a range of features and benefits unrivalled by the traditional tank market
Lower transportation costs
Better for the environment
Less risk of freeze-up
Flexitank Australia can supply collapsible water frac pillow tanks as a stand-alone product or as part of a complete turnkey frac system that includes:
- Primary storage tanks (tank farm)
- Manifold system to connect tanks together
- Pumping equipment